The Software Developer’s prime focus is to develop, modify, and support features of internal software applications using identified development tools and technologies.
1. Develop software solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio
2. Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
3. Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
4. Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
5. Perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting throughout the development process
6. Create database schemas that represent and support business processes
7. Program SQL views, stored procedures, and functions
8. Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
9. Develop and analyze automated tests
10. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
11. Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
12. Participate, support, and enforce agile SDLC processes
13. Write and update technical documentation posted to wiki
1. Maintain a working knowledge of application development tools
2. Develop and maintain reports and other knowledge management functions
3. Ongoing education to keep all software development tools in the latest version
4. Train team members on the new features and functionality of tools
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision
6. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or directed
High School Diploma or equivalent; Information Technology training or degree in related field and/or 1 years’ experience in MS Visual Studio and SQL environment required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject or equivalent experience preferred.
1. Strong written and verbal skills required inclusive of the ability to effectively and positively communicate with all levels of management and end users
2. Solid foundation in Visual Studio to develop in C# and VB.Net
3. Experience with Windows forms, Web, and API development technologies
4. Understanding of fundamental design principles for building scalable applications
5. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
6. Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server and database development
7. Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach, kneel, bend, stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Must be available or on-call whenever software systems are operating.While performing the duties of this position, the employee performs tasks in a temperature controlled office environment under normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment involves minimal exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.