Presents, educates, and provides in-services on the process/procedure of properly using the
Company’s products to surgeons, OR staff, and other individuals. These duties include, but are
not limited to:
- Providing on-site technical support during procedures to ensure proper use of the
- Training and educating physicians and hospital staff on the use of the products.
- Ensuring surgeons and staff have the most current product information available.
- Ensuring effective utilization of the products by all trained surgeons within territory.
- Maintains thorough knowledge and capabilities of the Company’s products, channels and methods of distribution.
- Responsible for meeting territory sales and profitability goals.
- Responsible for developing new prospects and establishing customers.
- Informs customers of new and current products, backorders, general order status, current pricing structure, company policy changes, and forecasts for new needs.
- Achieves prompt, mutually satisfactory solution to customers’ complaints.
- Keeps promises and appointments. Exercises courtesy and ethical manners at all times.
- Attends customers’ meetings and tradeshows. Gives thorough post-convention report: number in attendance, competitors present, new product introductions, and recommendations for subsequent shows.
- Establishes Davol products as the standard for bid accounts through surgeon specifications.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES - TERRITORY
- Territory Managers inform District Manager and Franchise of significant market changes,competitive activity, customers’ credit status, and needed company policy changes. Should be thoroughly knowledgeable of competitive distribution, discounts, local terms, strategy, including strengths and weaknesses.
- Recommends special sales projects, product additions, and termination of accounts.
- Carries out District Manager’s special assignments promptly.
- Refers potential sales candidates to District Managers
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES - PERSONAL
- Maintains equipment, advertising, and promotional matter in a presentable and orderly manner.
- Organization: (A) Completes all paperwork on time and thoroughly; (B) Keeps accurate up-to date account records; (C) Utilizes funnel to set goals and target accounts; (D) Devises and follows route plan guided by customers’ buying habits, current volume of orders, location of prospects, and competitive circumstances.
- Proper use of productive selling time; i.e., dealer calls in late afternoon with a minimum of three O.R.s per day and four surgeon contacts per day. Doctors not available at the hospital to be contacted in their office.
- Acquires comprehensive knowledge of prices, discounts, availability of each product according to quality and quantity.
- Maintains adequate supply of promotional tools (samples, brochures, videos).
- Must have all basic product knowledge and acquire knowledge of all new products added to the line. Must be able to apply this knowledge to adequately conduct in-service education to all hospitals.
- Stays within expense budget.
- Knows and effectively uses selling presentations as well as standard answers to objections.
- Recognizes need for continual training. To upgrade knowledge of trends (business, technological, sociological), sales skills, promotion techniques, information on new product, sales forecast ability.
- Maintains judicious relations with District Manager, fellow Territory Managers, and customers.
- Plans sales calls on a continuous basis, organizes time for effective coverage of territory, elimination of needless driving. A daily written plan is to be used.
- Develops thorough knowledge of company policies, ability to interpret them to customers and prospects.
- Maintains the company car in a clean, orderly, and serviceable condition.
- Uses to the best advantage, nurses lectures, journal club meetings, local seminars, resident lectures, hospital displays and evaluation committee product presentations.