The Environmental Services Assistant’s prime focus is cleaning of the Liberator Medical Supply, Inc. occupied facilities including removing debris, vacuuming and washing floors, shampooing carpets, emptying and replacing trash and trash can liners.
1. Sweep, vacuum and wash floors following safety protocol for staff notification
2. Dust furniture and disinfect surfaces throughout general office facility
3. Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants
4. Removal of trash from all facility locations and offices including replacement of trash liners
5. Utilization of approved chemicals for removal of surface and carpet stains throughout facilities
6. Mixing of cleaning chemicals in accordance with safety procedures and departmental protocol
7. Clean and service cafeterias with food safe cleaning chemicals
8. Clean interior and exterior glass doors and windows
9. Document areas serviced per departmental documentation
1. Identify and report possible repairs and hazards to the Facilities/Environmental Services Supervisor
2. Dust, vacuum, and disinfect staff member offices as scheduled or requested
3. Responsible for key holder duties to include unlocking and disarming building alarms
4. Movement of office furniture and chairs in order to facilitate cleaning
5. Emptying and disinfecting refrigerators and freezer units
6. Other tasks and duties as assigned
two to five years related experience and/or training; knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods; knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials, working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment. Key competencies include attention to detail, reliability, integrity, and physical stamina
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach, kneel, bend, stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 35 lbs.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee performs tasks in a temperature controlled office environment under normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment involves minimal exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.