To review patient medical supply documentation currently or previously obtained by the Sales Support team to ensure that the documents meet the compliance standards of the organization and of the industry.
1.Organizes and prioritizes all active and previously completed files from Sales Support for completion of current patient orders and AR Billing audit requests
2. Completes special project chart approvals as assigned or directed by medical billing ops leadership
3. Reviews patient records to ensure that it meets the compliance standards for clinical documentation and that information received and documented is accurate for billing purposes
4. Identifies deficiencies and errors in documentation and returns them to department leadership or representatives for further processing
5. Audits chart notes and records against information obtained and documented in multiple internal software systems to ensure accuracy
6. Corrects errors when necessary to include documenting updates in the account notes, creating new patient folders, researching physician credentials via the software database, and/or reviewing billing/insurance guidelines
7. Reviews aging files to facilitate the file closure process and will actively seek to obtain items to complete the file or refer back to sales support for further completion
8. Track daily production and submit daily logs to direct supervisor
1. Maintain a positive work atmosphere that embodies Liberator’s philosophy‐ Professional excellence, teamwork and integrity.
2. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
1.Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret medical supply publications, technical procedures, and/or training tools. Ability to write internal and external business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, team members, and/or customers.
2. Math: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply intermediate math skills.
3. Reasoning: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Advanced analytical reasoning to include ability to forecast exponentials within work flow processes and reason against outside factors.
4. Computer: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Access or other database software.
5. Telecommunications: ability to utilize or knowledge of call center telecommunications software
One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee performs tasks in a temperature controlled office environment under normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment involves minimal exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.