This position manages the Field Assurance Department including capital equipment and the investigation lab.
This position manages the Field Assurance Department from a global perspective and provides a high degree of confidence that all product complaints received on products manufactured and/or marketed by Bard Medical Division (BMD) and any of its business groups are documented and maintained in compliance to applicable Quality Systems regulations, ISO requirements, FDA regulations, and Corporate, Business Unit, and International regulations, policies and procedures.
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, service to internal customers, telephone manner, professionalism, coaching, influencing, and team building.
• Strong listening and assessment skills.
• Strong questioning & problem-solving skills.
• Detail oriented, committed to accuracy, efficiency, and consistency.
• Good proofreading skills and memory retention.
• Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Must be able to manage people and control stressful situations.
• Must be able to maintain a calm and positive approach to negative issues and resolve day-to-day problems associated with managing the personnel and duties of the Field Assurance Department.
• Must be able to maintain legible, accurate records.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
This position requires sitting, standing, walking, computer work, and lifting up to 20 pounds.
This position works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This position also has exposure to laboratory environment, which may require handling of all types of chemicals including those that present health, flammability, and reactivity hazards. Must be trained in blood-borne pathogens and handling bio-hazardous materials.