General supervision and leadership of Medical Billing/AR team members. The Medical Billing/AR Team members are responsible for Patient billing support, Posting, Collections, AOB facilitation, Appeals, billing resubmissions, other general clerical tasks and duties.
1. Facilitation and follow up of new hire development to include departmental training facilitated side by side, detailed review of work product with desk side coaching for errors, and reporting any new hire discovered issues with productivity, training, or policy adherence to AR Billing Trainer and direct supervisor promptly
2. Workforce management to include tracking scheduled and unscheduled attendance occurrences via departmental reporting mechanism, and assigning overtime or shift schedule changes depending on workflow in a timely and responsive manner
3. Workflow management to include assignment of work and follow through to ensure timeliness and confirmation that production expectations are met
4. Will assist team by actively completing billing tasks and will answer questions to support patient billing needs
5. Develops and maintains knowledge in Medical Supplies, Medical Coding, LCD’s, and/or Insurance Guidelines
6. Receives and facilitates internal “supervisor” calls on active and aged accounts of team members utilizing key skills to identify and professionally resolve internal customer service related issues.
7. Meets or exceeds individual and team goals for daily, weekly, and monthly billing quality and productivity measurements as communicated by direct supervisor
8. Adheres to phone activity/compliance standards to include Medicare guidelines, HIPAA, ACW, and minimum call volumes if applicable.
9. Adheres to and enforces all Liberator corporate policies and procedures 10. Active communication with direct supervisor and executive management regarding staff issues to include disciplinary action recommendations, 90‐day reviews, annual reviews, and daily or weekly team member communications or directives
11. Maintain a positive work atmosphere that embodies Liberator’s philosophy‐ professional excellence, teamwork, and integrity.
12. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
Four to six years prior medical supply billing experience with 1‐2 years prior leadership experience and/or 1‐2 years’ experience as an AR Billing Representative III with a performance level that exceeds expectations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee performs tasks in a temperature controlled office environment under normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment involves minimal exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.