Becton, Dickinson Interventional (BDI) is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products, employing over 65,000 people across 50 countries around the world. Founded more than 100 years ago, BDI pioneered many devices that are cornerstones of modern healthcare. BD - PI is the vascular division within BDI and focusses on interventional products for peripheral arterial disease (PAD), end stage renal disease (ESRD), and Cancer.
We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness, respect, and feel valued, acknowledged and rewarded.
Be Your Best at BD-PI – and ultimately, you can have an impact on the lives of people around the world.
This position is responsible for performing complaint evaluations and failure investigations. This is a temporary position expected to last until September.
1. Provide Field Assurance Quality Engineering support to the organization.
2. Evaluate complaint samples. Write, review, and approve complaint investigations.
3. Assist with failure investigations. Prepare and present failure investigation technical discussions. Must understand various methods of determining root cause for failure investigation.
4. Perform data analysis to determine trends using advanced statistical techniques.
5. Participate and provides input to training on department/division procedures, and policies.
6. Understand and follow company procedures on regulatory requirements.
7. Provide positive example and actively promotes compliance to all standards.
8. Maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customer, divisions and support staff.
Working knowledge of FDA GMP/GLP, Medical Device Directive, and ISO. Ability to make and present engineering decisions Strong interpersonal skills Basic product, design & prototyping skills Ability to create and provide training Software application skills Problem solving ability Ability to create, review and coordinate test protocols and reports Ability to generate engineering proposals Oral and written presentation skills Ability to work on cross functional teams Must read, write and understand English. Must be detailed in handling information/data. Must have proof of Hep B series, be willing to undergo Hep B series, or sign waiver.
Prefer two years experience in the medical field or closely related industry.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or a closely related technical field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open cubicle environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. Bard Peripheral Vascular is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.