The Sterilization Team Leader position is located at C. R. Bard Operations in Madison, Georgia.
•This position is responsible for coordination of the entire sterilization process to ensure quality processing as defined by procedure. This individual is the central point of contact and interfaces with all sterilization job functions.
Coordinates the operation of sterilization process and ancillary equipment.
• Manages material flow, establishes work priorities and directs / monitors the work activities of other team members.
• Documents all steps in the sterilization process in accordance with established procedures.
• Operates material handling equipment.
• Must be able to perform all functions as defined in the Warehouse Spore Placer Job Description. Additionally, in absence of QA technician is trained to perform post sterile inspection.
• Initiates maintenance work orders, when applicable. Maintains plant facilities and equipment through “user level” preventative maintenance as defined by procedure(s).
• Participates in safety team, audit activities and operational process improvements.
• Essential resource for training of other sterilization personnel (i.e. Sterilization Operators).
• Perform chemical receipt into Sterilization. Monitor chemical inventory of nitrogen and ethylene oxide. Connection / disconnection of hazardous chemicals to process equipment (i.e. ethylene oxide).
• Assists with various monthly reports for purpose of tracking departmental performance.
• Able to operate material handling equipment. • Able to prioritize tasks and workflow. Planning will take into account assets (time, equipment, and product) available. • Knowledge of personal computers • Strong leadership and motivational skills required • Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent, with preferably some technical or college education. • Two to four years of experience in the operation of material handling equipment and inventory management is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms and lifts and/or moves up to 30 pounds. Employee is required to meet with other personnel in other areas of building. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee must not have any facial hair that interferes with a protective MSA mask. Must be free of any health condition that would prohibit assignments to an ethylene oxide related area.
During the performance of this job, the employee may be in hot and humid locations, near moving mechanical parts, high places, risk of electrical shock, work with explosive gas, toxic and caustic chemicals, or experience loud noise (maintenance shop, forklift equipment, and construction). Must be able to work “off” hours with minimal supervision, as required.