The Sr. Supplier QA Engineer is responsible to demonstrate ability to isolate and define problems.
- Direct and Maintain Supplier Management Program.
- Ensure all suppliers are properly qualified.
- Develop the Supplier audit schedule and ensure supplier audits are completed as scheduled. Timely follow-up on supplier quality issues.
- Maintain control of quality costs for the supplier management program including incoming sampling and personnel costs.
- Supervise, direct, and give guidance to Associate Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Ensure full compliance with policies, procedures, QSR and ISO.
- Assume responsibility for proper documentation and revision control to meet FDA and company established standards.
- Provide support on teams as required
- Solve the manufacturing and Quality problems to support de manufacturing operation related with the supplier issues and responsible for follow up of the Quality improvements with them.
The regular activities of the Sr. Supplier QA Engineer are:
- Participate in third party audits such as corporate, ISO and FDA
- Design methods and procedures to improve inspection and workflow in the incoming inspection area
- Qualify new suppliers and re-qualify as required (due to facility moves, process/tooling changes, etc.
The periodic activities of the Sr. Supplier QA Engineer are:
- Participate in third party audits such as corporate, ISO and FDA.
- Work with suppliers to improve processes and quality system.
- Initiate lean thinking methods to improve inspection and workflow in the inspection areas.
- Identify and implement Cost Improvement Projects.
- The eventual activities of the Sr. Supplier QA Engineer are:
- In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform the non-essential functions. Employee is required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any on other job-related duties requested by His/Her Supervisor.